Sunday, February 15, 2009

We are having a ....




I knew it! We found out on February 3. It's so funny, but I just knew it. I think the first couple of weeks I thought it was a girl, but after about three weeks, I couldn't wrap my brain around having anything other than a boy. Isn't it crazy how maternal instinct really does exist? I even told Phil that if the ultrasound tech said "girl", I was going to fall off the exam table. Sure enough, after the first scan, it was so completely obvious. This little guy wasn't shy at all! Good thing we wanted to find out, otherwise, we would've anyways! The ultrasound was amazing. He was moving all over the place and at one point, he started sucking his thumb and holding his ear with the other hand. I didn't think I could fall in love with him any more than I already have, but I surely did that day. It's hard to believe that he is going to be here in like 17 weeks. This time is flying by. The worrying is starting to kick in for me: how will I know what I'm supposed to do with a newborn? What if I fail him? How can we afford this? What about daycare? The worrying goes on and on. It doesn't help that I wake up every few hours during the night to pee and then just start worrying when I try to fall back asleep. I know we'll figure everything out, but I internalize most things by nature, so why should pregnancy/baby worries be any different? Okay, well now I'll post fun ultrasound pictures of my little man!




No comments: