Saturday, February 20, 2010

28

It's my birthday today and I'm a mommy.  It's pretty crazy to look back on everything that happened in one year.  Even though this day will probably be the most lowkey birthday I've ever had, it will most definitely be the most profound.  I look at my little Judebug and wonder how I got so blessed.  He is truly my everything.

No major plans for today.  Phil and I are going to go grab dinner at a deelish Mexican restaurant and my parents will watch Jude for the evening.  I sure miss being away from him, I'm so attached!  It's hard working full time during the week that I feel absolutely guilty when I go on a date or have to be away from him for any period of time on the weekends.  This is why I feel practicing the B's of Attachment Parenting works so well for a family whose parents both work fulltime.  We are able to bond every second we are together, and that means the world to us.

In an attempt to lose all my extra baby weight that I am STILL carrying around, I am starting P90X on Monday.  I know a few people who are dedicated to it and they are seriously RIPPED.  So, after Jude goes to bed every evening, I will be dedicating an hour a day to this regime.  I used to dance 8 hours a day, 6 days a week for years, so I'm not worried about the physical demands or the dedication that is required of me.  The only worry I have is if it will have any impact on my milk supply.  I always hear of people warning about starting up a fitness routine causing their milk supply to tank.  I've been looking into this alot over the past few weeks and it seems like the warnings are more towards newer breastfeeding moms whose supply hasn't been established yet.  On kellymom.com, she mentions some studies that point to milk supply increasing with more physical activity.  Also, breastfeeding immediately after cardio could cause a fussy reacion in the baby due to lactic acid buildup in the breastmilk, but this should subside in about an hour post- working out.  I'm already taking fenugreek, blessed thistle, eating oatmeal and drinking tons of water to keep my milk supply going strong at 8 months.  I want Jude to have nothing but breastmilk (and solids) until one year.  I didn't realize how important it was to me until my supply started to tank around 6 months.  I've been doing everything possible to keep up with his demands in regards to my pumping output and so far, things have worked. 

I will report on my P90X progress in this blog.  I will also be posting before pics soon.  Ouch.

No comments: