Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Crawling Judebug

Jude started full-on fast crawling on Saturday.

He had been army crawling pretty efficiently for the past two weeks.  It was pretty impressive how quickly he could get what he wanted without being on his hands and knees to get it.  I was beginning to wonder if he was going to be one of those kiddos that has their own unique way of getting about before they actually just move on to walking.

On Thursday, he started sloooowly crawling to get something.  The sort of crawl that I would have to tap my fingers and look at my watch.  I believe they call it creeping?  Anyways, I thought to myself that this was indeed crawling and how crazy it was that there were so many different baby safety items on the market.  "I can totally catch my kid before he gets into something dangerous.  The majority of parents just must be pretty lazy and not want to watch their baby every second."  If motherhood has taught me anything, it's that I sure eat crow alot.

Cut to Saturday.

Dear God, I can't babyproof this place fast enough.  Mr. SpeedDemon is ripping all over the place at breakneck pace.  By the time I've realized he's tipped over his entire plastic container of pop-link blocks, he's halfway across the room, empty container in hand (you read that right, he crawls with things in his hands!) and heading for the rocking chair.  Sometimes the only thing that saves me is if he takes a pitstop on his mission, if only to smash a couple of things together, giggle at the glorious sound, and then proceed on his merry (breakneck speed) way.

This little boy is so proud of his accomplishments.  As he passes by me scooting along, he gives me the biggest, toothiest grin he can muster, as if to say "Hey, look!  Did you know we can get to things on our hands and knees???  Not even kidding, come on, follow meeeeee!" 

I can't have a bad day around this kid, I seriously can't.  For the first time in my life, the stresses of work don't follow me home.  The minute I walk into daycare and he beams and scurries toward me, the previous events of the day just melt away... 

Motherhood rocks hard.





1 comment:

mrsolsenk12 said...

Yay Jude!! Hayden started the hand/knee crawling a couple of weeks ago and he just gets faster and faster. I will see him sitting on his blanket in the livingroom and then next thing I know, he is in the office getting into God knows what. They will be walking and running before we know it and then we will really have our hands full!!