Tuesday, March 9, 2010

He never ceases to amaze me.

I'm moved by my son every single day.  I love looking at the world through his big, soulful eyes.  I guess I never realized the beauty and wonder in the littlest things like Jude does.  He is making me see the world as I never saw it (or remember seeing it).  I always thought it was the parents that teach their little ones, but I feel like I'm the one doing all the learning.

He's discovered his tongue and all the lovely sounds he can make by moving it in different positions.  He is so excited about all the doors he has opened in terms of "language" that he wakes up in the middle of the night to practice.  He talked and chattered away from 1:15 am until almost 3 am this morning.  And the thing is, I didn't mind.  Sure, I tossed and turned as he had a conversation to everything in his vicinity, but I loved listening to him revel in his discovery of words.  My husband is convinced that he is saying "Daddy", but that would be him learning the "D" sound.  If we are going to play that game, then Jude said "Mama" at three months.  :)

He is cutting his four top teeth.  The top two erupted yesterday.  It was a painful few weeks.  His upper gums have been swollen for the past month and you can see four prominent bulges where the four teeth are coming in.  I'm so glad the front main ones have finally cut.  Poor guy, he's been miserable.  Restless, fever, diarrhea and even a little vomiting.  He doesn't like to eat solids when he is cutting a tooth, so he promptly vomited up his food at daycare and they sent him home and said he couldn't come back until he was vomit free for twenty-four hours.  So, I had to take another day off work to stay with him today.  Not that I mind spending time with my sweet baby boy.  I love every second spent with him.

Jude waves now.  It is the cutest wave in the world.  He raises his hand in the air, fingers spread, and then bends his thumb up and down while keeping all his other fingers straight.  Hilarious and adorable.  I want him to wave like that forever.  He is just so darn pleased with himself.

This age is awesome.  I love him so much.

No comments: