Saturday, May 15, 2010

And the cloth diapering journey begins...

Well readers, we're doing it.  We are jumping right in to cloth diapering starting this weekend.  Oh, first and foremost, a HUGE thank you to my friend Hannah over at The Swoboda Family for schooling me in all my newbie questions in regards to cloth diapering.  Hannah and I went to high school together ten years ago (yikes!).  I was looking at pictures on facebook of her ADORABLE (no seriously, this kid is something else) daughter and saw that she loved to babywear like we did so we started talking about fun baby stuff! She is a clothdiapering guru and I'm sure I'll be bugging her for many more weeks until I get this thing down.  Anyways, where was I?

Yesterday was an important day.

I received my first fluffy mail!  That's right, the 'fluff' I speak of was none other than my first cloth diaper order!  I've been stalking Jillian's Drawers for some time now and finally made the plunge.  I ordered a three pack of different brands of pocket diapers: A Bumgenius 3.0, a Happy Heinys, and a Fuzzibunz.  They are just so stinking cute. 

I've been frustrated in that the only cloth diaper store that is closest to me is 60 miles away.  Ugh.  My city has a huge need for a cloth diapering store.  Lo and behold, I found a couple who operates a cloth diapering boutique out of their home and they have an awesome selection online!  So, I spent my lunch yesterday eating Whole Foods to go food and shopping on their website, Top to Bottom Baby Boutique. I know it's local so I wasn't expecing a huge selection, but oh my gosh- their selection surprised me and I, in typical Erin fashion, went nuts.  A dipe with stripes and skulls on it and overnight cloth diaper with chocolate chip cookies all over it?  Yes, please!  I'm going to pick up my new stash later this afternoon.  Expect a post tonight or this weekend that will be photo-heavy.

If you would've told me a few years ago I would be THIS excited about cloth diapers, I would've told you that you were nuts.  Now it looks like I'm the one who is nuts.

2 comments:

LittleBoyGreen said...

You will love cloth diapers!! I'm still asking myself why it took 3 months for us to grow a pair and give them a shot!

Who could resist a fluffy bum?!

Baby For Ballerina said...

I'm in the process of prepping my prefolds and I'm already asking myself what took me 11 months?? I'm super excited- your adorable blog also helped to convince me. :)