Saturday, May 15, 2010

Here we go!

My first cloth diaper purchases are all ready to go!  I currently have about one day's worth of dipes.  So far, I have an assortment since we're not sure what diaper(s) is going to work best for Jude.  Another amazing bonus of cloth diapering is the resale value.  Anything that doesn't work out for us we can always resell at a diaper swap or Craigslist.  Score! 

Here is what we have so far:  Bumgenius 3.0 (light blue), Fuzzi Bunz pocket (red), Happy Heinys pocket (butter), Thirsties Duo (mango), Thirsties cover (green), a Rumparooz G2 pocket (monsters), Monkey Snuggles fitted (skull stripe), and a Monkey Snuggles overnight (chocolate chip cookies).





 
I also got 8 organic prefolds with snappis to try out.  There's no turning back now! 




I spent all of tonight prepping the diapers for our first official day of cloth diapering Jude tomorrow.  The biggest time consumer was prepping the prefolds.  I boiled them for about half an hour and then ran them through several wash and dry cycles in order to get maximum absorbency once they are on the little boy's bum.




Wish us luck!

No comments: