Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cloth Diaper Trial

So, one of my biggest regrets about a decision I made regarding Jude was not starting right away with cloth diapers.  I seriously thought about it.  They are cheaper in the long run (they do require more money up front for the initial investment in a cloth diaper stash), way more eco-friendly (yes, you do use more water to wash them but it's at least using a renenwable source and not spending a million years in a landfill), and just exposes a baby's bum to way less moisture, chemicals, etc.  The cloth diapers that are out today are not the square piece of cloth and diaper pins of old.  I was shocked when researching them while I was pregnant.  They've come such a long way!  Plus, they are freaking adorable.  Who wouldn't love a fluffy butt like that?

Anyways, I need to find out if daycare will support cloth diapering.  Depending on how much of a hassle it is, I may still do disposables at daycare and then cloth diaper at home and on the weekends.  Jillian's Drawers has a 21 day cloth diaper trial program for $10.  How it works is that you get enough diapers of all sorts of brands to cloth diaper for 10 days.  That way, you can decide which kinds you like and which ones you don't.  You can send back the ones that you don't want to keep and either exchange them for more of the ones you do like or get your money back! 

I'm not sure how much Phil is on board with this whole thing.  I think once he sees that it isn't quite the hassle is appears to be, he may go with it.

No comments: