Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and The Mama Necklace

My Mother's Day rocked.

Jude woke up at 5 am (oh yeah, and he slept through the night- he must've known it was Mother's Day) and I brought him in to bed with us.  He chattered and giggled away until Phil got up with him so I could sleep in, which I didn't think I could do.  Then I woke up at 9am to the smell of a Skinny Vanilla Starbucks latte, a bouquet of beautiful flowers, a card and a beautiful little wrapped gift.

Sidenote:  Thanks to the blogosphere and mommy blogs, I fell in love with The Mama Necklace from ripegoods (etsy love!).  I showed Phil months ago and then assumed he forgot.  He didn't. 



I love the 'concept' of mother necklaces.  The only issue I have with them is that most you find in stores are just cheesy.  That's not for me.  This has that earthy, hippy, artsy vibe that I love in jewelry.  And it's eco-friendly.  What is there not to love?

The day was awesome.  I was spoiled by my two favorite guys.  I'm a lucky, lucky lady.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love the necklace! Glad to hear you had a great mother's day!

Sandi said...

Oh wow! Okay, I'm totally telling my husband to get me one for my birthday next month. That is just too cute.

Krista said...

Lovely necklace! That is so going on my *want* list- thanks for the new etsy addiction!