Thursday, April 22, 2010

The foods of Jude

We're becoming more adventurous with introducing foods to Jude these days.  I figure he's over 10 months old now so we've moved on from purees.  I hate that he gags on a lot of stuff and the paranoid mom in me just wants to stop harder foods altogether because I'm afraid he'll choke.  The pediatrician reassured me that gagging is a prevention of choking and to just keep working at it.  It takes practice.  Anyways, I wanted to start a list of all the foods, purees and not, that Jude has tried so far and whether he loved it or not.  I thought it would be fun to look back on these days when I'm arguing with him about all the reasons why he can't have a lollipop and cookies for dinner and think back to the days when a pizza crust was a really big milestone.  I think I'll continue to keep new lists as new foods are introduced.  If there is a heart next to it, he loved it.  If there's no heart, he spit right back out repeatedly, clamped his lips shut and tossed his head from side to side until I stopped coaxing him to try it again.  I wonder where his flair for the dramatic comes from.

Apples ♥
Pears ♥
Sweet Potatoes ♥
Carrots ♥
Green Beans
Peas
Squash
Blueberries ♥
Raspberries
Peaches ♥
Yogurt ♥
Puffs/Cheerios ♥
Yogurt melts
Bananas ♥
Pumpkin (don't even think about not putting some cinnamon with it, though) ♥
Mango ♥
Mandarin Oranges
Cheese (riccotta, Mozzarella) ♥
Pancake ♥
Whole Wheat Toast ♥
Oatmeal ♥
Pizza crust ♥
Spinach
Pineapple
Potato ♥
Brown Rice Cereal ♥
Plums ♥
Organic Cheerios ♥
Avocado ♥

2 comments:

mrsolsenk12 said...

That is a great list. There are a few things Hayden rejected at first but would eat after nmore time with it. One example is strawberries. He had them over easter and didn't like them. I tried again yesterday, he LOVED them.

Baby For Ballerina said...

Yeah I think texture is a big thing with Jude. He is absolutely disgusted with pineapples, raspberries, and mandarin oranges but loves all soft fruits. It sure is fun playing with foods though!