Monday, April 12, 2010

This is going to be a long, long week.

So, Jude's cold is a little more than that.  It's an ear infection.  Poor little man.  He's had a faucet for a nose since last week and he started running a fever.  Phil took him to the doctor today and it was confirmed he had an ear infection.  His first one.  Daycare has a policy where he can't come back until he is 24 hours fever free.  This happened on the worst week ever. 

Since I got my promotion back in January, I've been working on this huuuge project for our biggest client and I submitted it to them today.  Not only that, but I have to give a big presentation on a product enhancement to the company on Wednesday this week.  Sooo not the time for my little sweetie to be sick.  Thank goodness for family.  My dad will watch him for the morning tomorrow so I can at least set some things up in the conference room I reserved to go over my presentation. 

That's not all.  Phil rearranged his day to pick Jude up from daycare and take him to the doctor.  In his hurry, he slammed his middle finger in the front door of our house.  That was this afternoon.  Cut to this evening and the pain was pretty much unbearable, his finger and fingernail were black and it was swollen up to massive proportions.  He is currently at the ER.  I feel awful I didn't go with him, but Jude is in bed and we didn't want to wake him.  My mom is meeting him there to keep him company in the waiting room.  God love her.

So yeah, the first day of the week was a little stressful.  But, I got my project successfully submitted before end of business today, which is a huge weight off my shoulders.  Now I just have to breathe and relax about this presentation I have to give this week and again next week (to people in the company who know way more than I do no less).  And I thought dancing in front of audiences for years and years was nerve wracking.  No way, that was cake compared to public speaking.

Fingers crossed my boys pull through and are as good as new soon and that this week of stress flies by.

Eek. I take it back, I don't want to grow up!

1 comment:

mrsolsenk12 said...

Poor Jude. Ear Infections are never fun. I hope he feels better soon and poor Phil. Ouch!!! That must have hurt.