Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Earth Day!

I love this day, I really do.  It's usually nice out and the world smells of rain and renewal.  I remember as a kid, we would always plant a tree or some flowers or something to commemorate.  While I thought about doing some planting today, I opted not, seeing as the weather in Nebraska this time of year is insane and I really just don't feel comfortable doing any planting before Mother's Day.  I've been burned too many times thinking there was no way a frost would fall.

My two favorite boys and I ran our Saturday morning errand to Babies R Us for some organic baby food (yay sale!) and then to Once Upon A Child for some gently used toys and clothes.  I adore that place.  We got Jude three pairs of Gap pants, a pair of Nautica overalls, a ball popper toy that he fell in love with at his friend Avery's house, a crib toy that plays music and nature sounds, and some baby window shades for the car for $45 total.  You can't beat that.  And I felt somewhat Earth friendly given the holiday and buying used.


Jude checking out the new toy. 


There's that camera again.



Wait, the balls come out of this thing?!?



I'll just take them over here.



And chew on them.



Well, I thought $6.50 was a good deal on this toy, but apparently I just got overpriced toy balls for Jude to chew on instead.



And to think, we actually were considering spending $40 on this crib toy, when we found a used one for $10!



Baby cold/ear infection = penguin humidifier is having to work some overtime in the nursery.



And apparently, this is waaaay cooler than a toy that tosses balls in the air and makes them speed down ramps.



Score on organic baby food today.  That's right, I don't make my own....I had every intention...no freezer space because it's full of breastmilk...don't judge me...another post to come on that hairy subject.


Kickin' it with the hubs on the back patio after the Judester went to bed.



A Lucky Bucket lager for him.  A glass of Relax Riesling for me.


Mason performing his whirling dervish on a spring night.



Leif panting per usual in the cool grass.  He spent the day at the groomer losing 20 pounds of hair.  Handsome boy, huh?



Baby monitor is blessedly silent.  For now.



Yes, please take my picture.  Sans makeup.  After a night of Jude wakings.  In bad light.  And make me promise to put it on my blog if I am putting one of you on there. Thanks.



The tree in the backyard that blooms once a year for about five minutes.




Okay, I didn't take this photo.  The hubs did, that's why it rocks.  Showoff.


3 comments:

mrsolsenk12 said...

Hayden has the same ball popper and music soother (however I paid more for my ball popper than you did!) Hayden does the same thing and just chews on the balls or tips it over until the top ball falls out. He also uses the music soother as a toy in his crib when he doesn't want to go to sleep. Boys!!

The Swoboda Family said...

It seems that people get expensive toys that light up and play music for Celia, and she much prefers my keys and wallet to any toys in the house. Go figure!

Tammy said...

so I'm pretty sure Ian and I have the exact same tree in our backyard, I took a bunch of pics of it this year that I have yet to post...weird!