Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Magic

Yesterday we had classic spring weather.  The type of day where if you were standing in direct sunlight, you were warm, but if you happened to stay in a shadow for a few minutes there was a chilly bite of kinetic energy in the air.  I love these kinds of days that briefly exist before the hot blanket of summer takes over.  I came home from work, put another layer of clothing on Jude and we went and hung out in the backyard.  These days are his first real experience with the great big outdoors and he is constantly in awe of the small things that I take advantage of on a daily basis.  I found myself slightly envious of Jude in that he is able to see such sheer beauty and magic in the smallest of small things.  I posted something of the like on Facebook stating that I wished I could see the magic in something so simple as a blade of fresh spring grass, as Jude does. My wonderful aunt/godmother (who is one of the most insightful and artistic people I've ever known) stated in response to my comment : "you ARE--just noticing his discovery of the magic returns it to you!" 

And as always, she's right.


1 comment:

The Swoboda Family said...

Does Jude try to eat the grass, rocks, and dirt? We have to watch Celia like a hawk! She's fast!