Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He says "Ball"!

That's right.  He doesn't say "Mama" and the jury is still out on the word "Dada" (although Phil claims he's saying "Dad", it sounds more like "Datttt" and he says it to everything whether its his father, the dog, or the blinds in his room).  I thought I first heard him say "ball" ("bah") in church on Sunday.  He has this book that associates things with animals and on the first page shows a picture of a brightly colored ball.  The moment he saw the page he said "BAH!".  I thought maybe it was a coincidence and he didn't say it again when I showed him the page a few minutes later.  This afternoon, we were playing up in his room and one of his favorite toys is one of those cheap large plastic bouncy balls you see in giant bins in the grocery store for $1.79.  I'm sure it's manufactured in China using every questionable chemical known to man, but he just loves it so much.  Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I should search for a more earth-friendly, non chemical-laden one seeing as how he also loves to put his mouth all over it. ::cringe:: Anyways, he's learned that if he rolls it back to you, you roll it back to him and so on, and he just gets such a kick out of it.  I brought the ball down from the shelf to play with it and he grinned and said "BAH!  BAH!" excitedly.  Now, I wonder where the word "Mama" will be on this list.  Whenever I encourage him to say it, he looks at me like I'm crazy and then says "Datttt".  Sigh.

1 comment:

mrsolsenk12 said...

Yay Jude!! Hayden has said "ball" once but I don't think he says it with consistancy. His favorite word right now is dada but he also says "hi" which is so cute. I do get some mama's on occasion.